Every Wednesday, I give a chance to my child to explore a word problem a way that makes sense to her. And every Wednesday, I share the word problem, and my experience with you, so you can do the same ! Click here to start from the beginning ! Hope you join us !
Here comes WedWoPro #13. We will be working with time for another week. Just to show Rosie that time is not only about minutes and hours. A one-step problem.
WedWoPro #13 – Few more days !
Rosie was very excited. Soon, his grandma would come to visit.
- “I can’t wait to see her tomorrow ! “
- “I can’t wait to see her ! Just 2 more days !”
- “I can’t wait to see her ! Just 3 more weeks !”
If today is Wednesday, April 13, when is Grandma coming ?
Here is the .pdf if you want to print it out (WedWoPro13).
- Level Green: Grandma is coming on Thursday, April 14.
- Level Orange: Grandma is coming on Friday, April 15.
- Level Red: Grandma is coming on Wednesday, May 4.
As always, invite your child to solve the level of his/her choice a way that is meaningful to him/her (Carpenter et al., 2014) !
Sharing my experience:
Well, Rosie’s grandma actually arrived TODAY from France. Too much excitement around here… Will have to update the post later !
A bientôt !
- Carpenter, T., Fennema, E., Franke, M., Levi, L. and Empson S. (2014). Children’s Mathematics, Second Edition: Cognitively Guided Instruction. Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann. ISBN-13:978-0325052878.